Friday, December 22, 2006

So. Foreign Boyfriend is now officially Foreign Ex-Boyfriend, or Feb. I know, I know readers, this came as much of a shock to me as it is to you. It all happened rather fast- he is already home in Foreignland, enjoying his foreign friends and foreign food and foreign weather. Which is great for him, I suppose- I mean, I am happy that he is happy, and I really do care about him. It's just that we are on this weird plane between friendship and relationship where I just can't quite tell whether he still has feelings for me or is just trying to forget me. Anyway, more on that later.

The important part of this post is really that Feb has challenged me to a Best Body of 2007 Competition. Before his sudden flight from Canada (pun intended) and all things me, Feb and I were doing that cute couple thing where you exercise together and try to eat healthy and be encouraging to each other. "Honey, now you know I think you look great, and if you want to eat that chocolate, you can, but don't you think there is a better decision to be made here?" You know, that sort of thing. I mean, it's not like either of us are morbidly obese, or even overweight, but we are very concious of our bodies and wanted to look and feel great- for each other and ourselves. And it was actually going pretty well.

Now that Feb is back in Foreignland, he seems to have a renewed passion for this part of his life, and apparently has a very strong passion for this part of mine. A little strange for someone who wanted to end the relationship, but whatever. I'll enjoy whatever interest he chooses to display in my life while I can get it!

So, at the end of the coming year, Feb and I are going to compare our bodies and decide who has earned the title of Best Body of 2007. Now readers, here's where I need your help. How will we decide who has the better body? Who can judge such a thing, especially when one body is female and the other is male, not to mention the fact that these two bodies are thousands of kilometers apart!? And what should be the prize for the victorious body-sculpter?

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them! In the meantime, I think I am off to a headstart- it's only December and I have been hackingly, horribly, muscle-aching and throat-scratchingly sick for the past four days. This means that I have been on a steady diet of soup and tea- not exactly a filling and satisfying menu, but definitely one that will work to shrink my stomach and probably cause me to lose a couple of pounds. (Disclaimer- I am definitely not going to continue with this "diet" as a means of losing weight in the future, but while I physically cannot take in anything but soup and tea, I'm darn well going to enjoy the benefits of it!)

So, here's to the coming year of healthy choices and fierce competition! May the best body win!

2 comments:

Wide Lawns said...

Feel better! Thanks for the link and you are SO going to win the best body contest. It's not even going to be a competition because it is already clear that you have won. Ive never even seen you and I know. In fact, tell your friend that I, SW, am the judge, and I already declared you the winner.

Happy Holidays!

Erin said...

SW, you are the sweetest! I'm going to win this one for you!

-JM